Progress

My eyes were opened WIDE today. Before I share with you what I learned, let's go back a little bit.

There were some times, maybe within the last 6 months, the family believed Jordan was sneaking a lot of things he should not have. Sweets like icing, honey buns, brookies, etc. We thought it but never could prove it. There was never any wrappers in the trash or any kind of evidence left behind. To be truly honest, I thought it was my youngest because I felt she could get rid of things without noticing, like throwing trash away days later or something like that. But all signs pointed to Jordan. 

We locked up cabinets and both refrigerators we have in the kitchen to keep him out. Sometimes they do not get locked back up during dinner because of the inconvenience unlocking and locking the doors for 5 people poses. Sometimes things do not get put away promptly or at all. I have also had things that were put away to go missing as well. Because of that, we have to keep all keys for the fridge and magnets for the cabinet out of the kitchen. That was because they were in likely spots, behind the refrigerators, and in a drawer. I began to believe he knew where they were kept even though when you ask him, he plays as if he does not.

Two days ago, I had a brookie go missing that I know I did not put up. I chalked it up to either not remembering that I ate it, or Jordan took it. However, last night was one for the #crew record book. (FYI -#crew is our family name because it is so many of us.) 

My middle girl, Si, came home last night with Subway cookies and a Kit Kat. She gave me a cookie and put the rest in the fridge. She went up to shower before eating. My oldest, T, ate around the same time as Jordan. When Jordan finished up, T was still in the kitchen. Shortly he came down before Si, and I noticed he did not use the restroom. He stumbled up the stairs, and I asked him if he was okay, which he replied yes to and ran up the rest of them. Later Si asks if anyone has seen her Kit Kat. I never saw it in the first place, but my husband and T did. But neither of them knew where it was. My youngest, Kai, never came down the stairs, so we did not question her. Jordan, on the other hand, was interrogated. He answered with taking some green beans. When I asked him where the chocolate came from and where the wrapper was, his response was as if he did not know where it was or went. Same as when I asked him if he knew where the keys were to the cabinet and fridge. We searched multiple trash cans, the den closet, and his room for the wrapper but found nothing. It was if the candy bar never existed.


This morning we receive a text picture from my husband. The wrapper was found outside of the house. In the past, Jordan has thrown his Wii remote out of his window. I thought to look out of it, but it would not have mattered last night. It was found toward the front of the house, so the wind must have blown it there. All I could do was shake my head. It was good to finally see the proof we had been looking for.

To keep this post from being too long, I just want to share what conclusions I drew from what transpired. One, I do NOT give this boy enough credit when it comes to how he thinks and what he wants you to know and not know. I asked him where did he get the chocolate from and where is the wrapper and he made up answers when he knew the entire time. Two, after finding out that he is actually sneaking snacks, the majority of it being chocolate, he is not exhibiting the symptoms that he used to. The anxiety he used to have when upset he does not have. He continues to have tics, which I do not believe has anything to do with what he eats, but a lack of what makes it to his brain. He appears to be less sensitive to foods that would typically trigger him, and that is awesome. 

Because of Bible study, I prayed for a spirit of wisdom and revelation. When Paul prayed for the church in Ephesus, in Ephesians 1:17, he said, "that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,". Knowing that God answers prayer, is a healer, reveals to us what we need, has helped me to see just what is taking place here. I have so much more to share, but I will later. Just believe and trust in God and watch Him work.

Comments

Popular Posts