Things did not go as planned

Four days into the third week of the fast, I had to break it. Things just weren't right. I have my reasons why I believe so, but before that, let me break down what happened during the fast.

Jordan never stopped asking for food. There were other times when I had him fast that food was not asked for as much as this time. However, he was also receiving either fruit or a green juice smoothie. Something he could get nutrients from. He was also taking something of Dr. Sebi's. Banju, iron plus or some pill that also gave him nourishment. This fast was strictly water. No supplements, no smoothies, just water. After a few days, he stopped biting his nails, he stopped physically stimming but also became very tired and weak. I noticed his temperature started to decline, and his heart rate was elevated at times too. I did give an orange or two intermittently and allowed him to have orange and grape juice periodically as well. 

Despite trying to give him some form of nourishment, it was just not enough. Jordan got dizzy and fell. The next day he raised his hands and looked around like he did not know where he was or lost sight. That was enough to tell me this was not going to work, and he needed food immediately. So on the fourth day of week three, I made him soup with mushrooms, onions, and a few noodles. The next day I was going to make him more soup when the same thing happened like he lost sight. I felt he needed more than the soup and gave him his favorite gluten-free pizza along with some tamarind juice. He had that for two days in a row, and he was almost back to normal. He even started to bite on his nails again. I had to decide what my next move was because I did not want to go backward, nor did I want to have him go through 2 ½ weeks of not eating for nothing. As of today, he occasionally gets mock eggs, soup, an orange or banana, and tamarind juice. 

If I can be honest with you, during this "lockdown" we are supposed to be on, I was not fully committing myself to God. I was not praying like I was before this all went down. I really did not have a quiet time with Him daily because everyone was around me almost all the time, and I did not seek to find that space to do so. I thought I failed. But on the last day of my virtual class, I read the final two chapters of the required book, and something stood out to me. In the book of Esther, she and her people fasted for three days, day and night, to gain wisdom. It also shared how we need to ask God for supernatural wisdom. My prayer life was lacking, but I asked for some of that supernatural wisdom. Now I'm not saying that the idea came out of nowhere, but I had the inkling to look something up. What it was, I could not tell you, but it led me to malabsorption.

There is a possibility that Jordan could have this condition because no matter how much he eats, he doesn't seem to gain much weight, and that is a concern with kids who have malabsorption. And to be clear, malabsorption is when the body does not retain the nutrients it needs from the foods you eat. Whether it be because of fast digestion or a problem within the small intestine. This could explain why he ran out of his reserves so quick and could not complete the fast as the book said he should be able to. His body will not have a chance to heal from not receiving food because it barely gets what it needs from the food he eats daily. 


Not only could malabsorption be an issue, but I also found that his body could not be producing the enzymes it needs to properly break down what he eats in the first place. A long time ago, he used to take enzymes to help him with that. I considered returning to it but thought about when Jordan was at his best. It was when we did the green smoothies. Shortly after, he was calm, and the tics had been completely removed. The smoothies contained raw kale, dandelion, burdock root, and agave with some sea moss or bromide powder. This is what I need to go back to. While kale can help with the detoxifying enzymes, dandelion can help with the digestive system. The burdock root can help to purify the blood while the yellow dock root can work on the poor digestion as well. Ultimately this is the next course of action, and we will see what happens from there. Although I would like to know whether the real issue is malabsorption or lack of digestive enzymes or both. But it may not even matter because I believe that the smoothies can help both, which is probably why we saw the improvements like we did before. AND I have to remember to have my quiet time.





Comments

Popular Posts