Perspective

A few days ago as I was reading the book "Fast and Grow Young", I wondered why did I not come across this information sooner. I could have been fasted Jordan and this could have been over a long time ago. However, we all know that is not how God works.

When I think back to the beginning to where we are now, I believe it had to happen this way.

First thing I did when it came to Jordan and his eating habits was start the gluten free diet. He did not have a problem with casein so I did not have to cut that out. From there we went to the Feingold diet. This was to help with behavior and ADHD issues. We moved from that to the GAPS diet to help his gut heal and get over problematic foods. After that, the alkaline vegan diet, where he is today. Each diet served its purpose for its time.

The alkaline diet gives you nothing but life. Even though being vegan means you do not eat anything that comes from any animal, with the alkaline you only eat foods that are mainly alkaline and not acidic, where disease can form and lie. Following Dr. Sebi and his lifestyle has taught me just how to get the proper nutrients in Jordan that his body needs and not have to worry about not getting the "protein" it needs from chicken and eggs, or omegas in fish. There are other ways to get these things plus the other 102 minerals the body needs to survive.

While reading the book, I also started to question why I was led to Dr. Sebi when all I really needed to do was have Jordan do an extended fast. I have to keep reminding myself, that is not how God works.

Jordan was eating a lot of different foods and was not so picky during his older years as he was when he was first diagnosed with Autism. I attribute that to going through chelation with him. It removed a lot of the Autism symptoms he had like that and low eye contact. Even though he was eating well, I can not be sure that he was getting all he needed from the foods he was eating. When I look at him now, he is still maintaining a good size even though he is vegan. And an alkaline vegan, which means there are certain foods he can not get, like regular pastas, potatoes, beans, things that can put and keep weight on you. He is limited to the nutrition guide created by Dr. Sebi. The foods that are closest to the way God created.


Him eating these foods that are high in omegas, taking supplements that provide the 102 minerals that the body requires, has helped more of the right things be put into his reserve system so when he does fast, for however long I can get him to, he will be getting the most from his body. Everything I did was a segue to the other. Making the process smooth and almost flawless. Not only that, but it taught me about other areas that fasting can improve. Instead of being solely focused on how it can help Autism, I learned about how it can help all the senses and other diseases that plague the body.

Romans 11:33 says it best. "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!" We can not think the way we think, we need to think the way God thinks. Once we actually apply that, things seems a whole lot clearer. We understand why we have to go through what we go through to get where we need to be. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts