More about fasting


It has been some time since I have purchased the book I shared with you last blog, "Fast & Grow Young", by Walt Goodridge. The book is 469 pages long. I am on page 89. It is not that I have not attempted to read as much I would like to, but I am also in the process of ending another fast that requires reading "The Resolution for Women", by Priscilla Shier. Between reading that, trying to remove idle things in my life, and still taking care of all I have to do, it just has not been high on my list. But that does not mean I have not gotten great information from what I have read thus far.

For example, long ago people in biblical times used to fast. Far more than we may realize. The book of Luke has many references to fasting. Luke 18:12, "I fast twice a week". In chapter 4 of Luke, it speaks of when Jesus was tempted by the devil and ate nothing for 40 days, (Luke 4:2-4). See also Luke 2:37 about a widow who fasted. Many people have not adapted the routine. Fasting is part of nature. Have you ever noticed animals fast? When warm-blooded animals hibernate, they are fasting at the same time. Reasons fasting are done in nature are due to an upcoming scarce of food (winter), for mating or when one is sick. The book is very redundant, but it gives many different examples of all types of animals and when and why they fast. Have you ever noticed that when you are sick you have less of an appetite? That is because the body is in need of healing and eating food can delay the process. It is natural to fast when sick.

Our bodies are designed to fast. We have reserves within us that if we were not to take in the nutrients, fat or whatever we need to survive, we will still be supplied with what is necessary to live until we can consume it. When we do not, that is when starvation starts to kick in. We usually have months before that happens. I was concerned about this when it comes to Jordan. He does not look like he has any kind of reserves anywhere in his body. He is managing to put on some weight. He is only four pounds lighter than his heaviest weight. However, I am also giving him the chickpea burgers he loves so much almost daily and greens as a side with it. Larger portions of food as well. He still does not look like he should fast, but when June comes and he is out of school we will be attempting it again.

So far this book has been about studies of many different animals and individuals, male and female, that have had different ailments. The one that stood out in particular to me, was one of a blind man who had no sense of smell with heart trouble. He was unable to tell night from day. By the fifty-sixth day of fasting, cataracts in his eyes had ceased to exist and he was able to see a little and his sight improved gradually until it became normal. His sense of smell also returned. Many may find this hard to believe. However, I want you to ask yourself, what would be the gain in lying. This book is not telling you that you need to buy a specific product to heal. It is simply suggesting you fast from food and drink water. That is all this man received from the beginning of his fast on October 31, 1932. He did receive the juice from one orange on February 8th and then received nothing but water after. He fasted for 101 days. Only water.

The main thing I have learned so far is that the general function of decomposing exceeds composition or nutrition. When the body is decomposing elements within it, it always removes the substances that are of least use. Therefore all things induced by diseases such as tumors, abnormal growths or cysts, and abscesses are diminished and often wholly removed. When the body is not receiving nutrients from what is put into it, it goes to what is already inside of it. It will go after what is abnormal because it does not provide the body with what it actually needs to survive and then thrive off of what remains. The problem with society today is the fear of going without food. Nature has no fear of going for prolonged abstinence from food because we were designed to do so. Fasting does many things, including heal. And I don't need to give any kind of supplements, even those found in nature when going through this fast for Jordan.

I know this will not be an easy feat. I do not know what I am getting myself into. I do not know how Jordan will react to it, but what I do know is there is too much history showing me that I have to give this a shot. It does not have to be a dry fast to get it over with quicker; that could be even worse. But to simply let his body use what it already has stored within him to allow for his digestive tract to work less so other areas of the body can do what it needs to in order get to where it is supposed to seem like a no-brainer.

There is much valuable information in this book. Way more than I can put in this or multiple blogs. However, I ask you, if this is information that you want to know more about because of illness within you, buy the book. I don't think you will regret it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts