Did I just find the answer?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.

My apologies for not being so festive this year. I have been going through quite a bit and have left you all out of the loop on how things are going. I will try to do much better moving into 2019.

As for Jordan, he had been having episodes at school again. As I had shared in the last post the LDA shot can unmask other allergies or sensitivities that weren't seen before. I removed eggs but that didn't seem to really do the trick. It didn't come to me until Sunday or Monday of last week. I did not go to the farm two Saturdays in a row. The first was because after Buddy Break I stayed to put the Sunday school classrooms back in order to be ready for Sunday morning. The second one I truly don't remember the reason why. I know I had to take care of some things around the house and maybe a few errands outside the home but I can't remember the exact reason I did not go. But the only reason I would have been going was to get lamb. Maybe there was a reason unbeknownst to me.

Habakkuk 2:3 (AMP)
“For the vision is yet for the appointed [future] time
It hurries toward the goal [of fulfillment]; it will not fail.
Even though it delays, wait [patiently] for it,
Because it will certainly come; it will not delay.

It was a good thing I didn't. Something jogged my memory the days following that Jordan had an issue with lamb when I gave it to him and it wasn't in soup form. Maybe it now includes soup because of the LDA shot. Because it seemed there was no reason for his triggers, I could not rule this out. Maybe it's time to take the lamb out of the diet to see what happens. What's the worse it could do? So for a few days, Jordan had no lamb and was doing rather well. That was until yesterday. It was like he became triggered when I could not or rather did not want to, complete a level on his New Super Mario Bros. video game without a specific level up. Things started to go downhill after that.

I asked Jordan a couple of days ago did he have something he was not supposed to have and he did respond to me that he had cheese. I asked him because he was extremely giggly at the time and seemed to be purposely doing things to get a reaction out of me. However, I am not convinced that is the issue. He does go through moments like that at times. Just part of his disability. He is allowed to have those "moments" where he is just off task due to a sensory issue or what have you. But Sunday was a completely different story. Once he was triggered, he went back to the old Jordan who you have to keep an eye on at all times. I did not want to just let this go. There had to be something that he had that made him this way. If it wasn't the tiny bit of macaroni and cheese that he admitted to eating, what was it? The difference this time, beef.

I made him beef in the oven Saturday night and didn't think it could be an issue until this morning. When I looked up lamb allergy, I came across something called Alpha-Gal allergy, which is a reaction to red meat. It is usually caused by a lone star tick bite, but can also be caused by some medications. Some patients who have anaphylaxis to the MMR and zoster vaccine have an underlying alpha-gal allergy. Could the problem have been red meat this entire time? I can not think back as far as when he used to get beef soup on the regular, but after removing the lamb and seeing his reaction from receiving the beef, it is very possible that after his first shot those foods were giving him a problem and I just did not tie it together. Like I said, for a while, he was strictly on chicken and started to do well.

I can not find where LDA can help with this particular allergy because of how it is typically formed and over time, maybe some years, it will go away on its own. However, I just hope that for Jordan's sake, it will be something the treatment will overcome because as of now he can only have chicken and it is pretty disheartening to have to remove lamb and beef. For now, I will have to add different vegetables to spice it up a little bit so he is not getting the same thing all the time. I have been down that road before.




Comments

Popular Posts