This may be...

This blog post may be the longest AND one I have done the most research for.

Just this past Monday Jordan had another appointment with his DAN! doctor. Before the appointment Jordan was showing me a side of him I had never seen. Sometimes he would get my attention by saying mom before he would speak to me, I can probably count on my hand how many times. But that morning he was so ready to go to see his doctor he must have said it to me 3 or 4 times. "Mom, I want car please." And to top it off while waiting to go, he wanted to play the Wii entertainment system. I know he had been attempting to play it over the Christmas break because I overheard my daughter telling him what to do and afterward praising him for the good work he did. My oldest also told me she saw him trying to play it by himself. The morning of the doctors appointment I heard the Wii cut on but that was it. I went in and it was off. So I asked him if he wanted to play and he grabbed the TV remote and Wii controller and turned everything on. I put in the game I was told he
likes to play and he did everything he was supposed to do to get to the game he wanted to play. Pushing buttons A and B simultaneously, and even setting the controller down to calibrate so it could recognize it. I was extremely impressed with what I saw. Jordan was never one to attempt to play a video game. The handheld DS he was okay with, but he never showed any interest in the bigger systems. I was overwhelmed with joy that morning. It made me feel like no matter what results came my way, I know what my son is capable of and I can see that he's only getting better.

At the doctors appointment he never took his coat off. He did that at his uncles house a couple of days before. I'm not sure what his issue is with that but that wasn't the only weird thing that came about in that visit. When I sat down the doctor said we have some things to discuss. Now that alarmed me. I didn't know if I wanted her to start or to go on with our usual routine. I decide to just go on and tell her all of the ways Jordan has changed to be more "normal" in a sense. Or the little quirky things he does now that he didn't before. My list wasn't as long as it has been in the past....but, the achievements that I write now are more important in my eyes. So when it was her turn to speak, she started with the results from the lab work we had done. This go round I didn't notice but she ordered an IgE+Zone 2 Allergens test and Food Basic Allergen Profile in addition to the CBC and vitamin d tests. When she handed me the results my jaw dropped. Jordan was abnormal in a lot of areas. There is 30 allergen groups that were tested in him and out of those 30 Jordan was abnormal for.......22. Mostly trees, but grass and dust mites as well. I'm still shaking my head as I am going through these pages before me. Not only that but there are traces of wheat, peanut and soybean in his system. Which somehow can explain him not sleeping through some nights, But since I have given him more blankets to give him more weight on him, he has been sleeping all night.

So all in all these results told me Jordan is allergic to 4 different types of grass, 23 different plants, trees and herbs, and dust and dust mites also with an abnormal level of american cockroach. His RBC are still high in number, small and pale in color, his EOS (eosinophil count) is still elevated. The white blood cells becomes active when certain allergens or infections are present. His glucose serum is high and the alkaline phosphatase was also high. The alkaline phosphatase test is done for a few reasons, one being a routine liver function test. We need to routinely check his liver because of the chelation we are going through. I looked up other reasons why this could be elevated and the one that stood out to me the most was hyperparathyroidism. It's a disorder that comes when the parathyroidism glands produce to much parathyroid hormone. That can happen when the calcium levels in the body are to low and it pulls calcium from the bones and reabsorbed by the intestines and kidneys. Jordan doesn't drink milk because of the phosphates in it so I'm thinking I may need to find a way to get more calcium in his diet if that's even the case.

Now on to the lead results. I was pleasantly surprised to see that they still went down, however, only by .1 a point. He went from 8.5 to 8.4 Which I mean honestly is great considering all the other news I had been delivered that day. A total of 9 metals had been detected in his body this round and none were elevated but the lead. And to top it off everything decreased and 2 were removed from the list. But because of the problems with the allergens, we will not be doing the urine test we usually do, but we are still going to chelate, just until further notice. We are going to focus on removing the allergens from his system because it could be the reason why the lead is having such a hard time going down. So there is only one way to find out. I will end this here and explain in the next blog what is to be done next.

Right now as I reflect on what I just typed and what my life has been like these years since my son was diagnosed with autism, I can't help but think about the theme for our church this year. We are in the year of restoration. Everything that the devil took from us in the previous years will be restored to us as in Joel 2:25 "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you." When I heard the message it allowed me to be more open the the possibility that my son can overcome this if it is God's will. And when the doctor ordered the test she did, even though she doesn't know what compelled her to do so at that time. It showed me that there is more to do, but this could be what is keeping my son from being restored. And once we get past that, great things can happen. God said it.....I WILL RESTORE!!!!


Popular Posts