Yes!! Lowest levels to date!

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, 
to which also you were called in one body; 
and be thankful." Colossians 3:15

This past Monday Jordan had an appointment to go over the results of the last collection we did. As usual, I normally get a gut feeling when the results are going to be positive or negative. And when I get a sense of them having gone up from the last time it's a feeling I can't shake. Since I did not have a feeling that they were going to be unfavorable, I felt they could go either way. But what made this time so different was a couple of things. First was God of course. Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble." I know that He has everything under control so it was no need to be worked up about something that I can not do anything about and something that He has had the last say on. Secondly was the fact that because of the increased dosage the last 4 rounds we did that there was a possibility that they could have gone up. I've stated before that when you use more of the chelate more will be pulled, but in reality there is less in the body than it was prior to chelation. Either way I was going into the appointment with a sound mind.

After the usual routine of the good mornings and reviewing the accomplishments that Jordan has had over the last 3 1/2 months she asked me what I thought the results were. I explained to her things that I have said here. That for the last 6 results where they went down 5 out of those 6, and 4 consecutive; that when I see that the changes in him aren't quite huge like I would like them to be, it has revealed that his levels are improving even though it looks like he isn't. The last thing I said was if they had gone up I would attribute it to the increased DMSA. She said I was thinking the opposite of what it was. His levels went down, the lowest they have ever been. Now it's not where I want to be, nor is it a big drop, but the fact that they are at the lowest they have been is a big thing. His lowest level was 8.6 prior to Monday's visit. That was the number right before the results where it went up the time before these. This result showed him to be at 8.5. A 0.1 drop may not look big to the eye, but when you look at the larger picture, how out of 6 results he's gone down 5 of them, how in April of 2013 when the levels started continually going down he went from 18 to 16 to 11 to 10 to 8.6 back to 11 and now 8.5. The fact that his highest level was 37 in May of 2011, looking at this 8.5 is amazing. We are not to far from being below 3 where that would be in the reference range. It shows that I'm still on the right path with what I am doing for him and it can't do anything but get better.

I'm so thankful I have a God that carries my burdens for me. Who if I follow His word and do His works, will give me comfort in time of need. Having a child with a special needs is hard. Having a nonverbal child with a social AND learning disability can be a struggle for anybody. In the beginning when I was walking blindly in treatment, I was really distraught at times. I would have my good days and bad days. I would see great, good and horrible results. I would stress about what the turnout would be. But now that I have started to lean on God, understand that what will be is what will be and that He will work everything out, has given me new insight to what is going on and I am at peace with whatever results come my way. For Romans 8:6 says "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Without God I would still be in the state of mind that I was in and be constantly worried about something that already has the outcome predetermined. And with the God I serve, I know it's in my favor therefore the worrying would be in vain. With prayer for knowledge and wisdom, I am evolving into a better child of God daily. And knowing what I know, it's enough to keep me from feeling down and out about what may or may not be ever again.

Popular Posts