May 2nd results

My how time flies. I have been patiently awaiting this doctors visit since his last visit and his lead levels took a significant drop and he had so many improvements. It seemed like it was going to be forever to get back to his DAN doctor for the latest results. But it came sooner than I thought because I realized this past Monday that the visit was Thursday. I said I was going to fast 3 days before the appointment so I wasn't physically ready to do it, but I did. I realize now it was kind of the wrong time to be fasting. I'll explain that in a bit.

So today I get into Dr. K's office, and tell her all of the great accomplishments Jordan has made. From math work, to a note from his teachers explaining how he's using complete sentences and asking for breaks after working, and even asking to use the bathroom. Normally they have to force him to use the bathroom there. He has been using a lot of single words randomly, but in the right context, and his echolalia is different from what it used to be. He repeats everything you say now instead of just the last word. All those wonderful strides and I just knew that his lead levels were going to be within the reference range. That wasn't the case. They have now lowered the reference interval. It used to be <   5 and now it is <   3. But while his levels did go up, they only went up slightly. Jumping from 15 to 18, and 18 is the third lowest number we've seen. The second lowest was 17 and that was around the time we first started chelation. So while it did go up, I'm not feeling as bad about the results as I normally do because it was a slight increase and they did lower the interval.

The lead reference is now at <   3.

Now back to the fasting I did just this past Monday-Wednesday. I say it was probably the wrong time for healing, but the right time for learning. I fasted not only to help Jordan heal, but to get discernment from God and also to help strengthen the prayers I have for those in my life that I want to lead to a life of Christ, but choose to ignore all the signs He is giving them to show them they need to surrender themselves to Him. Fasting at this time did help me to understand when God was speaking with me and when He wasn't. I know at the last visit that J's lead levels had gone down before I got the results, but this time I wasn't so sure. I believe that was God's voice preparing me for what was to come so I wouldn't be totally disappointed, which I wasn't. Now I say it was probably the wrong time to fast for the healing aspect of it because Jordan had already gone through all his chelation treatments and urine collection. And those are the times where I would need to turn down my plate instead of when he has a doctors appointment and all results are in and I'm walking in basically with my fingers crossed hoping that they have just magically gotten to be in the range that we are trying to get to. It's all a learning process but I'm glad I went through it because I'm still gaining the knowledge I need to help further my relationship with Christ.


As far as Jordan's treatment goes, he is now at the point where his weight will tolerate him going to 50mg of the DMSA/ALA combination the entire weekend. Before we were alternating between 50mg and 37.5mg. Everything else stays the same. Oh, and she did mention that next time we do the urine collection we will probably see the levels go up because we are pulling even more out. I am really looking forward to the next few weeks because I really wanted to start giving him the double dose of the DMSA a while ago, although I do hope the levels don't show an increase. Because even though I'm not to disappointed in the results, I really hope this will be the last time I have to do this. I'm ready to move on now.

Popular Posts