Research


Usually I just update my blog when I find out new results for Jordans testing. But today I have so much to share.

I already mentioned that I planned on changing the materials that Jordan carries his lunch in, thermapod should be on it's way soon, and I am using phosphate free cleaning supplies, mostly all natural though. Well after further thought I realized that maybe I should stay away from those water bottles too. Seems to me even though they are recycle plastic #3 and have a low risk, that the water spends a significant amount of time in the bottles and who knows how warm or hot they get in route to their destination. It's not really fine for people who detox normally to drink water from water bottles that have been sitting in a warm car for days so I believe it's extremely hard for the children with autism to detox drinking water from these bottles. So I have decided to buy him stainless steel water bottles and use the water in my house which will have two filters. One in the refrigerator and one on the waterline to it. And even though stainless steel is made of metals it has been proven that stainless steel doesn't leach into the liquids.

The other day I made a brand name of french fries for the family that is gluten free. For some reason I just decided to read the ingredients and saw that there was pyrophosphate in there. I was somewhat shocked to see that, but somehow it didn't really upset me. I can always make him fries from scratch. But then I checked the rest of the foods in the house that Jordan consumes. It really shocked me to see that his waffles had a phosphate in it as well. And the syrup he eats on them. Waffles are all he eats for breakfast which really disappointed me. I emailed the lady who I found useful information from her blog at dietarysupport.com and she recommended some books about the gut and said that cooking from scratch is usually the best. I'm looking to do whatever it is for Jordan so I will try making his waffles from scratch with a recipe I found in the cookbook I have The Kid-Friendly ADHD and Autism cookbook. I have never made a recipe from the book because I have always found gluten free things in the store that he is willing to eat. I may be using that book more often now being as though I really have to read labels more carefully instead of just making sure the food is gluten free.

In addition to the waffles and syrup having phosphates I found his favorite flavor of crystal light has sodium phosphate in it and did research on phenylalanine and found out that ingredient may trigger his stemming as it can have an effect on his body like gluten does. I plan to remove crystal light all together for about two weeks to see if there is a decrease in his stemming and if so, it will be completely removed. This really limits the things he can drink to juice and water. And I'm trying to get away from the bottled juices as well. As I am typing, and researching at the same time, I am finding that it just may be better to do everything from scratch, even juices and milks as I am finding that milk has phosphate in it from calcium. *Sigh* This is too much for me to deal with right now....

Comments

Popular Posts