Jordan's making GREAT progress

First things first Jordan has made a major improvement in school. He has had a breakthrough with his reading and now the teachers feel with the change they would like to keep him where he is instead of moving him to a place with more 1 on 1 because he obviously may not need it. I attribute this improvement to come from the dosage change in the amount of the chelating agent (DMSA) that occurred the last go round.  Even at home he is attempting to talk more and make sentences in the form of "I want..." when it's something he wants to ask me for. Especially when I don't understand him.

On his visit just this past Monday Jordan's lead levels were slightly higher than the last time tested. This can be because we used more of the DMSA and therefore it pulled more out and because it's pulling lead from various places in his body. I was expecting something like this but was hoping for better news. The doctor has decided to do something different since we still can't move on to the next level. Instead we are going to try adding something called Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) to the DMSA at the upped dosage which the doctor explained is going to pull the lead from even more places. They will both be put in his drink at the same time during chelation treatments but not during the urine collection. Thinking back to the visit I did not ask what more than likely what the outcome would be. Did she think that the lead levels will drop or look higher because it's pulling more metals from different places? Or even if the results aren't what she expected then what was the next step? I just placed a call to her office and feel great that the receptionist knew who I was and was very helpful in getting the doctor a message for me so I can find out the information.

In addition to adding the ALA, I also talked with the doctor about the kind of vitamins Jordan should take and she suggested a vitamin Super Nu-Thera which is a multiple vitamin and mineral supplement. She said I will notice a difference when adding both the ALA and the Super Nu-Thera but not to add them on the same day. I'm excited to see the great improvements I know Jordan will make because I've seen the changes in just the increased dosage of DMSA.

All in all I have to say even though it wasn't what I hoped for, I am please with the visit that we just had because to me that is TWO more steps in the direction to making Jordan more healthy by getting those nasty metals that are stored in his body out and getting him to be the child that he should be and getting rid of this autism.

Popular Posts