Last Dr's appointment and IEP

Jordans last appointment with Dr. K was April 13. His lead levels were still very elevated :( It went down slightly from the last results so she's increased his chelation dosage by half a pill. That has made Jordan very irritable. He gets very frustrated when he does not get his way. He's gone through one weekend of this higher dosage and he will get another round this weekend. Then we will test again instead of a third round to see if it has helped and to figure out the next step if it hasn't.

Jordan is still improving which means he isn't coming into contact with lead, it's just stored somewhere in his body and his having a hard time coming out. He is making his bed and mine, repeating more words and attempting to play fight when I tell him to attack his dad for me :) We are in the process of attempting to get Jordan to use his pointer finger instead of the middle and he is trying very hard to do so.

Jordans IEP meeting wasn't what I expected. I was hoping that this was the meeting to have him placed in a different environment to have him get the more 1 on 1 help he needed. But instead it was a meeting that had decided that there was enough evidence and data that Jordan should be moved and once the proper person comes in to evaluate Jordan then we will decide on the best place. That meeting will take place on May 24th. So in the mean time, and also because we are so close to the end of the school year, Jordan will stay put and things will move forward next school season.

All in all I am happy with my baby's progress and pray that I am doing the right thing and he will get even better with chelation and lower his lead levels so we can move on to the next step. I feel like I am at a stand still.  Until next time.

Popular Posts