New Protocol

We have been on this new protocol with Jordan for about a week. The first thing I started him doing was walking in the sun to get more Vitamin D. However, some days, we just sit in the sun. We will walk about three days out of the week because I asked him if he wanted to walk or sit, and he wanted to walk. Getting out first thing in the day helps reset his circadian rhythm. For those who do not know the circadian rhythm, it is the body's natural cycle over 24 hours. It is controlled by a small area in the brain and impacts sleep, hormones, appetite, and other bodily functions.

Yesterday, I started him on his third supplement. If you missed it, I must start the doses slowly and build up to the recommended amounts. The first supplement I had to start him on was the Neuro Calm. This supplement has vitamins B6 and B12, magnesium, inositol, taurine, chamomile extract, GABA, L-theanine, 5-HTP, and phosphatidylserine. I'll break down what each ingredient is beneficial for.

  • Vitamin B6 helps brain development and neurotransmitters, helps the body absorb B12, produces red blood cells, keeps the immune system healthy, breaks down protein, and helps regulate blood sugar.
  • Vitamin B12 helps formulate red blood cells, transport oxygen throughout the body, convert food molecules into energy, and improve mood and symptoms of depression.
  • Magnesium helps the bones, heart, migraines, hypertension, depression, blood sugar management, sleep, and inflammation. Low magnesium intake is linked to chronic inflammation.
  • Inositol helps with mood disorders, weight gain, mental health, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, and skin health.
  • Taurine helps the body with proper hydration and produces bile salts that help digestion.
  • Chamomile extract helps with digestion by stimulating the secretion of digestive juices, which can increase nutrient absorption. It also helps with mental health.
  • GABA helps calm the nervous system, improves sleep and concentration, and reduces inflammation.
  • L-theanine helps with stress, improves focus and brain function, and strengthens the immune system and blood pressure.
  • 5-HTP helps raise serotonin levels in the brain, which regulate mood and behavior. It also has a positive effect on sleep, mood, anxiety, appetite, and pain sensation.
  • Phosphatidylserine reduces stress, regulates mood, and encourages the body to relax.
I started the Neuro Calm by giving him one pill 15 minutes after dinner to help him wind down to sleep. This works well with exercise in the morning to help reset the circadian rhythm.


The next supplement I started him on was Bitters No. 9. It is a blend of nine bitter herbs that help activate the bitter receptors that help with healthy bile flow and digestion. I had to research the bitter receptors because I knew nothing about them. We have these receptors throughout the body and on our tongue. They detect bitter tastants in food to activate the sensation of bitterness in the foods we eat. Doing this helps us avoid toxic compounds and can keep us from swallowing poisons. I had to start with 1 dose three times a day and increase to 2 daily.


Megamucosa is the supplement I started him on yesterday. This supplement gives mucosal support to create a healthy mucosal barrier. The mucosal barrier is found in the intestines, a vital defense system that protects the internal environment from pathogens in the external environment. It gives microbial diversity and short-chain fatty acid production. He got 1/2 a scoop yesterday and reached the total dose today with 1 full scoop.

Regarding the improvements I've seen in Jordan, he still stims; sometimes, it can be intense, but that's not often. His skin has had a dramatic improvement with fewer breakouts. I also noticed that he was going to sleep earlier. I'm curious if it's every night, so I will check the next several nights to see if he is and if his circadian rhythm is being reset. I just took his urine sample for the OAT (organic acids test) to see his toxin levels and determine where to go from there. I'm happy with the progress so far. I'm looking forward to where we go from here. Philippians 3:13-14, "13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, 14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

Comments

Popular Posts