I may be on to something

To start, Jordan has been on a food chemical elimination way of eating for a week today. So far, things are improving. His sleeping habits are better, and his stimming is different. It isn't as forceful as I have seen before, and it's been like that since the start of eliminating problematic foods. There is a decrease in his stimming; however, it is minimal. But the point of this post is to share with you my findings on food sensitivities.

After deciding to remove the foods that can affect the body due to natural chemicals that upset the body, I felt the urge to know what REALLY causes food sensitivities. So, I Googled what makes your body sensitive to food. Foods are broken down after eating by stomach acid and enzymes. When you show sensitivity to a food or several foods, the body is not digesting that food properly. The gastrointestinal tract does not produce an enzyme needed to correctly break down that food or chemical within it. I already believed there was a problem with Jordan's GI tract. This was a confirmation to me.

I needed to take this information and go deeper. What actually helps to produce enzymes? For example, is something triggered in the brain or some other area of the body that tells the body when to produce said enzymes? I then Googled where enzymes are found precisely. I found that the stomach, small intestines, and pancreas make enzymes. Of course, these organs make up the digestive system. However, I needed to know what controlled the digestive system. That led to my next search.

I Googled what the digestive system is controlled by. That search told me that the brain and endocrine systems control the digestive system. They have two different jobs. The brain controls your hunger and fullness when eating. The endocrine system releases the hormones and enzymes needed for digestion. After learning this, it led me to think about the brain-gut axis. Because if the gut is the actual brain for the body, eating should help Jordan's brain do what it should do. Then, the brain can help the body do the job it is supposed to do. However, Jordan's brain obviously doesn't work like a typical brain, AND he is not digesting properly. So, how do I help the two? One is supposed to help the other, which then helps the other. I was almost more confused than when I started, but again, I remembered things that helped in the past.

Years ago, Jordan was on the Nemechek protocol. This is what he was on that helped him learn how to ride a bike. This protocol utilizes inulin, olive oil, omega fatty acids, and, on occasion, vagus nerve stimulation. Years ago, I attempted to stimulate Jordan's vagus nerve with ear clips. Because I was doing this on my own, with my own devices, I couldn't tell if it worked or not. And because I was unsure of the amount of the frequency, both power and how often, I stopped, not wanting to do more harm than good. 

I recently thought about vagus nerve stimulation and how it could benefit Jordan. I found a device you can use against your vocal cords to help because while the ear helps stimulate it, so do techniques like gargling, humming, and singing loudly. I placed the website for the device in my bookmarks, and when I felt the time was right, I would revisit it. Googling whether the vagus nerve helps the brain and endocrine system led me to believe now was the time to do so. While I did not go too deep into how it helps, the vagus nerve plays a part in the neuroendocrine-immune axis. That and the fact that this would not be another supplement or dietary regimen Jordan would have to do was enough to make me finally go through with the purchase. If it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. However,

I believe this will be helpful in the path that I have him on right now. As I said before in my previous post, I was not going to do another diet, supplement, or detox until I confidently heard from God what our next steps were. I do believe He led me here. And if not, it's still not something I said I would only do once I heard His voice clearly. Psalm 37:23, "The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives." I can't wait to update you on the progress I know I will see.

Comments

Popular Posts