The answer I didn't know I needed

So remember the last post I shared about how Jordan was no longer stimming, and the tics were only apparent when someone was engaging him? Well, he is back to stimming again, and I know why.

The arginine supplement I had been giving him to help with the leaky gut ran out. I tried to order it well in advance, but the free-form version is out of stock in many places. I found it, but then there was a delay in shipping. It was supposed to be here yesterday but will be here today.

When I noticed that he was getting low, I reduced his dosage to one pill several times a day. He usually gets four pills two times a day. I wanted him to keep receiving it, even if it was in a small amount, because I didn't want to go back to square one. I could already see the difference in the dosage he was getting. However, he did not start stimming for long periods of time until yesterday evening. The other days you would hear him, and he might jump like once, and that was it. As calm as I tried to remain, I was really frustrated.

It was hard to see the regression, but after I ordered another brand that would get here overnight so I could at least get some in him this morning, I felt a lot better. But why was this happening? I understand the hiccups in the mailing system now because of Covid, and also things happen, but the occurrences seemed strange to me.

First, it was out of stock where I usually order from. Then when I did find it, it took forever to ship it. When my normal supplier finally got it in stock, I saw the express shipping was not expensive, so I ordered from there. Only for it not to have been shipped because it is now back out of stock. I looked to see who had the form I was looking for in the stores, but they were all out of stock too. All of this made me wonder if I was not supposed to give him this supplement. So I did a little more research to see what I could find out about it.

While I read that arginine helps with the holes in the gut, my research found that it helps with inflammation, relaxes blood vessels to improve blood flow, and helps the body build protein. However, the most crucial information I found was that it helps the body absorb and use vital nutrients. I don't know if it is because it fills the holes in the gut or if there is something in it that carries the nutrients where they need to go. What I do know is that this is a supplement that I do not need to run out of because one of the key issues I had with Jordan is absorption, and arginine solves that problem.

When I saw that Jordan was calm, I didn't know which supplement(s) was the reason for it, nor did I care. Obviously, this is information I needed to know. If I had never run out of it, I would have never found out how important it is to keep it as a part of his regimen, even though I had not planned on stopping it any time soon. It also makes me consider if it is something that I need to give him during chelation weekends so his body can use that properly. I don't believe Jordan had the absorption issue he has now when we did it years ago. That will be a discussion to be had with his doctor.

I remember when I felt like God was not answering any of my prayers. Now here He is, giving me answers to things I didn't even ask. Psalm 34:9-10 tells us, "9 O fear the Lord, all you who belong to Him. For those who fear Him never want for anything. 10 The young lions suffer want and hunger. But they who look for the Lord will not be without any good thing." What a mighty God we serve!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts