Tomorrow is the day!

Jordan has not been to his DAN!, Maps doctor in some time. While I value the input she has given me and helped me with Jordan, Sometimes I feel certain things are not known or overlooked, and it has set us back a little bit. However, there are some things that she can provide, and maybe I can help her help some of her other patients. 

Tomorrow we are going in to see her. I want to update her on what has happened with Jordan and see if she can give me advice moving forward. The main reason why I am going is to inquire about the High Dose Vitamin C IV that can help his immune system and retain nutrients. I am very concerned about the price and how often it may have to be done. I wish there was a way to administer it to him myself and do it at home. 

Vitamin C is not produced by the body, and therefore we are solely reliant upon getting it from diet alone. Because Jordan's diet is skimpy, I know he is not getting much Vitamin C. 

It was hard to find information about the High Dose Vitamin C for those with Autism as I was doing research. Most articles are on how it helps cancer patients. The best information I found was on the website of the doctor's office we go to. It explained IV therapy in general and how it helps, specifically in people who have issues within their digestive system that keep them from properly absorbing nutrients. They offer various IV treatments, but Vitamin C promotes healing. Another IV treatment that could benefit him is Vitamin and Mineral. It is suitable for those who are deficient in many. We may have to go through some testing first to see which one will be best for him. Since I scheduled this appointment a month ago, I have been praying for God to give me and the doctor wisdom moving forward. James 1:5, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." I do not want to do anything with Jordan that God does not want me to do.

On another note, I took the locks off the refrigerator. Why, you ask? There are a couple of reasons why I felt this was okay.

The first reason was the bottom lock for the freezer was about to come off anyway. The 3D double-sided tape that keeps the lock to the fridge was weak due to pulling the right door when it was still locked. Everyone in the house has done it. I've replaced it once, but it kept happening, and as far as I'm concerned, it was going to keep happening. 

Another reason I opted to take them off is that Jordan is not reacting to foods like he used to. When we went to Florida almost 2 months ago, he had a frozen pizza. I could not find the quinoa at the store closest to us, so we ended up getting it a couple of days later. We also had cake to celebrate my daughter's graduation. He was just fine with both. 

The last reason I wanted to take those doggone things off was to make him feel like everyone else. Jordan knew the refrigerator and cabinets were locked because he was sneaking food. That was okay for a while. Now I want to trust him more. I told him not to sneak anything but whatever he wants, just ask. I can't be sure he won't,  but I have left chips and popcorn out, and he hasn't touched them. I should buy another brookie to test him. But so far, so good.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts