Well...

Jordan has been on and off the Banju already. To be clear, I only bought one bottle when it came back in stock. I contemplated buying two as long as it was out of stock for, but I truly thought it would be back before he ran out. I was wrong.

While Jordan was taking it, I noticed the same thing that I noticed when he would take anything that was suggested to give him, it worked well the first day, then he would go back to the way he was before. Although it has elderberry which helps with the immune system, I still believe that could be the issue. That or he is still deficient in a mineral. I have not been giving him the sea moss on a consistent basis as I should be. When I was making him tea on a daily basis I would give it to him then. But now he only gets what is put in his pancakes and hamburger buns, which is not a lot. I know it is something he would take apart from teas and food, I just do not want to give him something with such a taste. I may have to consider it though.

However, even if I was able to give him the sea moss on a more consistent basis, it still only contains 92 of the 102 the body needs. While I tried to find the 10 that it does not have, it is not easy to find. I did come across the many ways it can help your body.

  • Rejuvenates dry skin that has eczema, rashes or psoriasis
  • Helps purify the blood
  • Good for weight loss
  • Helps bones, thyroid, kidneys and the heart
  • Gets rid of inflammation
  • Digestive support
  • Helps those with diabetes and suffering from malnutrition
There really is no limit to ingest when taking it. Having some on hand, I should be doing better at giving it to him. That changes today.

I just took him to get his sports physical Monday and it is a possibility he will need glasses, which I do not doubt since almost everyone in the house wears them. I will follow up within the next couple of weeks. He also has to have an x-ray because the doctor believes he has a small case of scoliosis. For those that do not know it is the curving of the spine. Last year she had some concern so this year we will follow up to catch early if it is serious. The thing that means the most to me she suggested was seeing the nutritionist. 

Being as though Jordan is vegan, there are many concerns that can be had because of the lack of protein due to not eating meat. I do not have concern over the lack of protein because the body does not need protein to survive. It needs the 102 minerals it is composed of. However, I am interested in learning more about nutrition and the body, especially when it comes to Jordan. I just do not know if going to Children's will be the best move. NIHA where he sees his DAN! doctor also has a nutritionist, it is just something I will have to come out of pocket for. Decisions, decisions.

Overall, Jordan is still the same. Still having spams, tics. Still can be triggered, but mainly when he is not being repeated. He became a little frantic while on vacation and did not want to be bothered much. He stayed away from us when we were in the pool. I think it may be the fear of us splashing water on him. He just did not want much interaction while there at all. But the room did smell of mildew so it is possible that there was mold as well and it could have effected him in a way. 

Things have not changed much since school has ended, but I am not giving up on getting to the point where he is not having the tics, no anxiety and a better memory. I will not stop until I achieve the results I know can be seen from feeding his body the way is should to allow it to work the way it should. Romans 12:12 (NIV), "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."


Comments

Popular Posts