The latest

Good morning. Well, will probably be afternoon once I get this done. Today I have the luxury of having three out of my four grandchildren here. Let the festivities begin.

Yesterday Jordan had a follow up with his DAN or MAPS doctor. It was an interesting visit.

Prior to, Jordan had been a little off. And by a little, I mean a lot. He had a very rough day Tuesday so he has been with me every day since. Today by accident; I just overslept. Anyway, at his appointment, I explained to her all the issues that had been going on with him the past few days and the fact that I had no idea what was going on with him. I do not believe he had been sneaking food, but he is exhibiting behaviors as if he has. He has thrown a chair in his classroom, placed a band-aid in his new Wii system's disc drive and stimming more. All of this with no known reason as to why. However, his echolalia has extended to repeating every word in every sentence I say. He is interacting with his 19-year-old sister more so there are some positives in this.

His doctor informed me that the reaction he had to the last LDA shot was great. The fact that his body responded the way that it did in the time that it did was surprising to her. I'll have to take her word on that one. The only thing that I learned can show it that the treatment is working is the unmasking of other allergens/sensitivities. He definitely showed some signs of having issues with egg and I think red meat as well. His tinea versicolor is also getting much better. His back and chest you can barely see it. It is still on his arms that you can still see some discoloration, but not as bad as it used to be.

We were both at a loss as to what was going on with him. She mentioned that this is the time that the white blood cells are maturing so it is possible his body is reacting to that, but not likely. I also thought it could have been a 3 week delayed reaction to the LDA, but I do not believe it would have been such a severe reaction. Again, I do not believe he had been sneaking food. It is a possibility, but usually, when I ask him if he has eaten something he should not have he responds with the food he ate. The last thing he told me he had was cheese a couple of weeks back and I could see how it affected him. This is nothing like that. At the end of the visit, we still were not sure what the cause was.

Being as though Jordan is on a modified version of the Nemechek protocol, it is possible that his body needs the omega 3 that he has not been getting due to having the sensitivity to fish oil. Almost a year ago I tried him on a vegan version that he still did not to well on. His doctor believes it is time to try it again. We will start off with one dose for a couple of weeks to make sure there are no adverse reactions and then increase. We will also give one more dose of the LDA being as though he is still having the tics that is said to be alleviated after all is well. I just started Jordan on the EPA/DHA today. Had I known it was going to be snowing and he would be home today I would have done it yesterday. I hope it does the job it should and improves his behavior this time.

This past week has been one that has really tried my patience. I had jury duty, Jordan acting up and just a bunch of other things that have not gone as planned. However, this year I am learning to make room for Jesus. Putting everything I feel aside so it can be done the way He needs for it to be done. And there is a peace that I feel when something comes up that was not planned. I find myself not worrying about the situation and it works out in my favor. I like this new way of thinking.


Philippians 4:6-7
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts