God is responsible for this

This weekend I had my granddaughters over again for the second one in a row. I had decided that when they come, I would take them to church with me. However with this being the second weekend in a row, I couldn't risk having to stay after the second service due to the lack of help we sometimes have at our 12 o'clock class. Because of that I thought it might be cool to do something nice on Saturday instead of sitting in the house. I thought the movies might be a good idea being as though I have been wanting to see the Lego Batman movie. I think the Lego movies are kind of cute. My first thought was to take just the young ones, but when I realized that my high school daughter has been wanting to see Sing since her birthday it wouldn't be fair to take just them. Taking her requires taking Jordan because the only one left here to watch him would be my mom. But that's not the biggest problem. The main thing is I don't like to exclude him from any activities we do no matter what they are. So once I figured out the times of the movies, it was set, we were all going.

I was a little apprehensive about taking him. For one, he's only been interested in the Chipmunks. There are other shows he watches such as Super Why! and sometimes Spongebob but nothing has caught his attention more than Alvin, Simon and Theodore. With that being said I wasn't sure how well he was going to do in the theater watching something he had never shown interest in. Another reason was because of all the candy there that he will want that I will have to say no to because I know that wouldn't do anything but set him off while in there. I tend to stay away from corn with him because most corn is GMO unless stated otherwise. With the kids getting popcorn, I was at a loss at what to do for him. Either way it wasn't going to stop us from going. Once we had got there and purchased our tickets, we moved over to the concession stands. I decided to get him the nachos because they were plain. Popcorn already has butter added and I can't be sure what kind is used. He was happy with the chips and we went into the theater. We were 24 minutes early due to Sing starting at 11:15. It was going to be interesting to see how this was going to play out. At his honor roll assembly he was getting a little impatient because they called the CRI children after the 6th, 7th and 8th graders. I was pleasantly surprised at his behavior. He did start to giggle a bit but for the most part he was fine waiting for and throughout the movie as well.

I know there are many parents of children with Autism that can't afford this luxury. To just get up and go, with their child, to a place that isn't part of the routine or being loud is not accepted like a movie theater or restaurant. I feel for parents that can't participate in these kinds of things or don't have the ability get to up and go at any time due to the lack of respite. But I am glad that we have been fortunate to have older kids willing to help in caring for their brother. Not only that, but also because Jordan hadn't been an extremely disruptive kid until recently anyway. Even then getting out wasn't an issue, it was more of a what was I going to have to deal with when I got home kind of situation. I'm thankful that God intervened with Jordan from day one and the things He put in place that has allowed for Jordan to be the child he has been, from then until now. From the doctors to diets to supplements and more. There would be no calm in this house if it wasn't for the Lord above. And hearing the word Sunday was exactly what I needed to fully understand the role everyone has to play.

The message was about doing your part. Many times we are at odds with others because of what we are doing that we think they should be doing, when in fact God called us all to do something different. We all win if we all do our part. I'm not the only person with my hand in helping Jordan succeed. If it weren't for people who were placed in my life who led me to certain doctors, who knows where Jordan's health would be. If it weren't for authors who wrote the books that God spoke to them to write, I wouldn't have come across the information I needed to help Jordan's body get rid of toxins or remove things from his diet that were causing problems. In the First book of Corinthians Paul is writing to the church in Corinth because they were carnal and arguing about who was right, those from Paul or those from Apollos. But in chapter 3, verses 6 and 7 Paul says, "6 I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase." But the good news is it goes on to say those who plant and water are one and get their reward according to their labor. Others planted in my life while I watered, but God gave the increase. I thank the Lord for those far and near that have sowed into my life when it comes to Autism. I'm glad I can discern what He tells me and follow through with His plan to help overcome Autism. But mostly I give God the glory for the calmness He has provided so my family can live a peaceful life, despite Autism.

Popular Posts