At ease

I finally did it! I purchased the membership for the Feingold diet and boy am I so glad I did. There is so much information that can truly help me help Jordan. I have been going through the 400+ page list every so often and happy I see foods he used to eat on stage one. Believe me when I tell you it is such a relief to finally know what foods he can and can't have. I can finally start broadening his diet and at the same time help everyone else in the family remove some of the ingredients from their diet that are harmful and unnecessary. It also give us the ability to eat dinner as a family and I not have to make 2 different meals. Words can not tell you how excited I am about this.

While searching the list for the foods he can have, I looked for household items that need to replaced as well. I purchased a laundry detergent, surface wipes and an all purpose cleaner from Green Shield's website before getting the Feingold membership. Even though the items I bought are not listed, the main thing when looking into buying household products are that they say free and clear. I was surprised to see that I could use Tide Free & Clear because I thought it had an ingredient that wasn't well tolerated. So there are many things that I can use that I thought would be an issue. However, the toothpaste he uses need to change and I didn't see the brand of soap I just bought for him listed either. The new lotion was listed on stage 2, so I'm not sure if I want to use it in moderation or actually cut it for a few weeks. I wish I would have gotten this information a lot sooner, or at least before his doctor's appointment. It would have saved me and his doctor a lot of trouble.

During his visit this past Wednesday, he was acting out more than normal. The doctor and I were perplexed and tried hard to figure out what our next steps would be. Three options were on the table: 1) stop everything and add them all back in one by one, 2) stop the cd biotic and biofilm defence or 3) add chlorella. Chlorella is an immune system support while detoxifying heavy metals, chemicals and some pesticides. I decided to follow options 2 and 3. If I had of gotten the membership just a couple of days sooner, I would have seen that supplements were listed. After finding that they too have to be Feingold approved, I figured I would see every one he takes on the list. I was floored when I calculated out of what I give him, how many he was allowed to continue to take. Jordan is on a total of 26 supplements. Multiple brands to help in many different ways. But I was not expecting that more than half would need to be cut. A total of 16 to be exact. Two of them that need to be removed can be replaced. Those are the cod liver oil and his vitamin and minerals, I could also substitute the iron liquid with capsules, but I need to check with his doctor first because of the difference in the dosage. So right now Jordan will only receive a total of 10 supplements. I'm surprised, but not upset at all.

It's now starting to make more sense why he doesn't listen well at home at times. Majority of his supplements he takes at home. Now I also see how this was a cycle. When his diet increased to include more salicylates and dyes, his negative behaviors increased. When we tried to fix them with supplements, they helped but then contributed to the problem even more. Adding the chlorella would have worked briefly, but things probably would have reverted back again like they usually do. Unfortunately I have already purchased it so I contemplated starting him on it anyway, but the thing I want the chlorella to help, I feel like it may contribute to that problem in the end. Same thing with the gaba. I just purchased these two and now I learn they can not be used. I may be out a few dollars but the thought of removing everything that has salicylates, things I didn't even consider to have them, is far more important to me. I'm truly excited about seeing even more improvements at home and at school; the increased focusness and possible higher grades. Right now I'm not so concerned about him not getting the supplements because half of them he started taking to try and help with his behaviors. When they become under control, we can then start working on the internal issues, continuing to heal the gut and detoxifying his body of the last of the lead if his body hasn't done it on it's own yet. I think learning everything I have from this Feingold diet has put me so much closer to recovery.

This is the second doctor's appointment where I actually remembered to invite God in the midst of it. The last one we decided to put Jordan on the biofilm defense and cd biotic because of it having sac b in it. It's funny how things have changed since those two months. But then again, maybe he didn't want Jordan put on those two supplements. I did have a few reservations about it but it was only because I wanted him on the sac b, which he ended up taking. I feel God really moved when I was on the fast and I learned about the Feingold diet. If I would have just listened instead of trying to handle the diet on my own, these last 4 months of buying supplements that were no good for him, endless chicken and cabbage lunch and dinners could have been avoided. So many times God speaks and I think I can do things better than he can. In this case I didn't think I could do better than Him, I just wanted to cut corners and go about things without paying for the membership. Turns out the information I got for $69 is more valuable and not having it cost me more in the long run. Go figure. But that is what you can expect when God gives you one direction to go in and you go in another. James 1:22 says "But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." I heard the word He gave me, but I didn't do what He said and therefore believed I could handle something I could not. I wish I could say this is the last time I won't heed His word, but sadly I know I will. However with time, and prayer, I can do better.





 

Popular Posts