Still the same

With one more round of chelation left and two weeks after that the urine collection, I still haven't seen any real differences in Jordan like I used to when he first started it. He's still doing the same in math that I can see, using the calculator with ease. He's trying hard to tell me the correct time, sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he doesn't. OCD is still apparent. Language still about the same. Although one night while trying to go to sleep he sneezed and said bless you. Still stemming. Still Jordan. The only thing that kind of caught me off guard was when I asked him to get his measuring spoons to take his cod liver oil and he picked up the spoons and the supplement and attempted to pour it into the spoon. I assisted him with it and helped him drink it because he still doesn't have good muscle control to handle that without making a big mess I think. But on a side note, I do think he is becoming more playful. When it's time to take a supplement that requires a liquid to drink he will either try to keep me from going into the kitchen, or try to beat me to the kitchen to keep me from the cup, then once I get the cup he will try to keep me from putting anything into it. Which gives me a good laugh.

Today is the first day back to school from the Thanksgiving holiday. Hope everyone had a great time with family and friends. I on the other hand am hoping that I receive a good note from school about some big accomplishment he has done on his first day back. Otherwise I will be waiting at least a month from now to get word from the doctor on his lead levels and blood test results. I'm patiently waiting but somewhat hoping that there is something to keep him from absorbing nutrients properly. However I'm leaning more toward him not having that problem because when we started giving him vitamin D and increased it, there was a change. Just have to wait and see in January.

My pastor just did a great sermon on overcoming your obstacles just this past Sunday and it rung a lot of truth in my ears. He spoke on when Joseph was not liked by his brothers and was almost killed but sold into slavery instead. And how people lied on him, put him in jail, and forgot about him, but one person finally remembered him, and he became the second in command over Egypt. All the obstacles he went through, got him to where he was, where he was supposed to be. You can't blame others, or yourself, for what you've gone through because God used them to get you where you are and in turn you need to learn to truly embrace your trials and thank those who put you through them because in the end it will all be worth it. I now understand that it wasn't my fault Jordan has autism. God placed it in my life for many reasons. And once we get to the end of this road the outcome will be great and He will get all the glory. With that being said, I can't complain, but just patiently wait for our time.

Popular Posts