Lab results from recent blood work

I'm doing an update now instead of when he will see his DAN doctor because he has 5 more weeks until he sees her again. This past Tuesday Jordan went in for a follow-up with his PCP to review the blood work we had done recently. We check his vitamin D levels every so often and these results would be from when his DAN doctor had him on vitamin D at 1000 IU for two weeks. I also got to see where his red blood cells are since adding the methylcobalamin (B12). The B12 is supposed to help with getting oxygen into the blood. And since Jordan has more red blood cells than normal and they are small and pink instead of the normal size and red, I wanted him to be on this supplement so he could have more oxygen in his blood to get more to his brain.

The results were not what I expected. First the vitamin D levels were lower than they were before we did the trial period of the higher dosage. I know that every three months the cells die off and new ones are produced. I wonder if I missed the time frame from when he was tested by just a few days. But it doesn't explain why it was lower than it was the months prior to this one. I'm not sure what to think of this.

Second his red blood cells showed no improvement. Still more, still small and still pale in color. His primary care physician advised me that iron is what helps with oxygen in the blood. After numerous attempts to research how to get more oxygen into the blood, I never found that information until today. I've found the hydrogen peroxide therapy; that is when I mixed raw organic honey in filtered water for a short period of time. And then there is the B12, which he is on now, but nothing more.

There are actually quite a few supplements that can help with that. What I found today listed iron first. Iron is a nutrient that transports oxygen through the blood. So now I see that no matter what, if he doesn't have enough iron to help transport the oxygen, nothing else is going to work. Go figure. 




The next listed is the B12. I didn't know that it is only found in animal foods such as meat, milk and eggs. If you don't get enough of those you could be at risk for deficiency.




B6 is the next supplement that helps with the increase of oxygen in the blood. It is needed for healthy red blood cell metabolism. Inadequate amounts can lead to a form of anemia that can be like iron-deficient anemia. It also produces the hemoglobin that aids in oxygen transport. 




Lastly is vitamin E. Vitamin E should be taken to help your body form red blood cells.




So with this new information and seeing that the methylcobalamin didn't do the job that I thought it would, I may ask the doctor to make some changes to his supplements and out of the ones listed, give me the one that she feels would best help Jordan with this issue of the lack of oxygen in his blood. I really think it would help him out tremendously if he was getting the proper amount of oxygen to his brain. As for the vitamin D, I'm hoping she will just put him on the higher dosage permanently than to trying the trial again. It would sure be a whole lot easier.


Popular Posts