My other halves

My wonderful family in 2010
Mainly when I do a post it's about Jordan and his accomplishments or what have you. And while he has become a little more hard to handle nowadays because of the increase of the chelating agent, he is easily upset and his cold doesn't make it any better, that's not what this is about.

I consider Jordan to be one of my other halves, as well as my first born daughter who is exactly like me, but my real other half is my husband. Don is as supportive as you can get. He always makes sure Jordan has everything thing he needs. He is the only one bringing in the income but if he has to he will go without for all our kids but mostly for Jordan who needs supplements, special foods and socks every other month.


Don with Jordan at age 4
While he makes sure Jordan has what he wants and has to deal with almost the same issues with Jordan as me, he still manages to make sure that I am happy. That I have what I need and spends time with me. Shoot he manages to make time for everyone. Four girls, 1 son and his wife. Even after he works so hard Monday-Saturday, he comes home and gives everyone the attention they need before he takes care of himself.

She knows he's a great dad!
There are times when I fell like I don't really get a lot of time with him. I mean I really don't because of his job and the amount of kids we have here, when he gets home he has to attend to all of us and by the time it's just me and him, he's pretty tired if not sleep. And sometimes when I need him the most, he's tending to his affairs. But it doesn't change the fact that he's always here for me. He comes home, when he goes out he's not out all night, he provides for us, he is amazing. And I don't tell him or show him enough. I get so caught up in all that I have to do that sometimes I am blinded by all that he has to do. And I don't get mad at him for spending time with the kids, or visiting with a friend after work for a few beers. But sometimes it's at the wrong time, a time where I need him not because anything is really wrong, but just because I need him around. And I am learning that I need to just express it. I don't like expressing feelings to much because it makes me vulnerable. I dislike feeling weak. I just want to feel upheld without telling you to uphold me. Sounds crazy right. Well it's just one of those things that growing up in a single patent household you use as a coping mechanism. I didn't have my dad, and I acted like I didn't care, and I'm realizing now, maybe I did. So I have to restructure my brain so I won't take these frustrations out on one of the few men that were actually there when I needed them. My grandfather, Leroy Cobb (RIP), was number one. My father, not my biological but my brothers biological, is number two. He has been there for me since I was 1. And now the most important, Don, who has loved me from day 1. Flaws and all.

I thank you Donald for being the wonderful man you are. I hope you know how much I really appreciate you. I will spend everyday taking care of the kids but most importantly you because without you there is no me. I love you.


Popular Posts