Lastest Dr's visit

Jordan visited Dr. K just this past Wednesday. He seemed to be at somewhat of a standstill to me since the last time we went. He did attempt to write SuperWhy and when I showed him the correct way to spell it, he messed up only one letter without looking back and forth to see how it was actually spelled. He has been calling me mommy lately. When he needs something from me and doesn't want to come in the room where I am or is scared to he will call out to me. I guess that progress is better than none at all. I'll take it.

He is now seeing a speech therapist in addition to the one he is seeing at school, twice a week for a half hour. We have been working on trying to get rid of the echolalia that Jordan does when you ask him a question. He can now answer with his name when I ask him what is his name. And his age when I ask him how old is he. We have also been working on getting him to do more than just name an object in a picture. Trying to get him to say "I see" and then what the picture is. Much progress. I thought there might have been more time need to be spent with him than 30 minutes for two days a week, but something is better than nothing.

Anyway the results from Jordans last urine collection has showed that the tin levels have gone back down into the within reference range. I did not give him any can sodas at all, so I believe that was what the spike was all about, the Aldi store brand of soda. It's amazing at what his little body can hold onto because of autism and how his system detox
properly. His lead level did spike just a bit but the Dr. was not concerned about it because so much tin came out last go round that it could only pull certain amount of other metals out at the same time. She doesn't think we will be doing chelation to much longer which is music to my ears. I can't wait to get to that next level to see what else my baby is capable of doing.

So all in all the visit was great. I will keep doing the chelation, this time 3 rounds instead of the normal 2 round we have been doing. Then the routine urine collection. I will continue on with the probiotics, enzymes, DMG, cod liver oil and Super-Nu Thera as well as the green juice and gluten free diet.

It's amazing to think that when Jordan first went to Dr. K he wasn't speaking at all but now 3 years later he can ask for food, specific food, can ask for help, is calling me mommy and more. I'm so thankful for the Dr. and all she's done. Thank you Dr. K!

Popular Posts