A reason for everything

My, it's been a minute, hasn't it? I am still at it with Jordan and making sure he is the best version of himself physically and mentally. Things have been up, and they have been down. But the main reason why I haven't kept you updated on everything is because I had not felt God move me to share like he usually does. That was until several days ago when I dreamed of being a tutor. He revealed that I need to share what I know with others. I know it's not only for the blog but also for life lessons. I have an update I will share today, but something happened this morning that trumps it just a smidge. But you'll have to wait until the end to know why it's above all else.

First, I did the fruit detox with Jordan again. I only followed through with some of the steps we did the first time. No sauna, tub soaks, lemon water, or nasal cleansing, just fruit and supplements. There was no rhyme or reason for not doing it; I just didn't. He started a few days after school let out. This time, he had three big bowls instead of the one big bowl of fruit I would give him when he came home from school. So he did not lose any weight at all. That doesn't mean he doesn't look slimmer, but it's not as drastic. I believe dates, mangoes, and bananas kept the weight on him. He had 6-7 bananas a day during the week, and on Sunday, I gave him an extra two because of the time we spent in church. He ate eight dates after each bowl as well. He really likes them.

We did the colon cleanse in the last three days of the detox. During his detox two years ago, the colon cleanse was done in week five and lasted five days. Again, I was not following any rules this time, and there was no reason. Giving fruits and supplements to remove parasites, help his liver and kidneys, skin, lymph, and whatever else I had to give him was good enough. During this detox, he had his routine bloodwork done. The liver fraction test that was high for the last several months because there was inflammation or damaged liver cells decreased to be in the normal range along with his hemoglobin AC1. While that was a gain, he still has issues with his red blood cells that do not have enough oxygen, which means that they die quicker and don't have the protein they need to carry iron through the body. So it looks as if his iron is low, but somewhere, he has an abundance of ferritin stored in his body, causing those levels to be high. The lymphs (absolute) level is also high, which means there is inflammation somewhere; we just need to find out where.

After the colon cleanse, Jordan went on a raw gluten-free, casein-free, soy-free diet. I don't like to call it a diet, though. So, let's say when he returned to eating foods, he eats those types. I don't worry about the spices that I thought were problematic in the past. However, I do monitor his behaviors after eating. The only thing he did not do well with was the spiraled sweet potatoes. They have fiber that makes them easy to digest, but it's mainly in the skin, which gets peeled off. So I have removed that, and when I give him red peppers, I remove the skin from it as well because that is also hard to digest. So far, in giving him raw foods, I have seen a slight decrease in his stimming. And if not, it hasn't increased, so I think it's a plus.

As you know, along with giving Jordan supplements, healthy foods, and what-have-you, I have been praying and fasting so God can help navigate me with what and what not to give him and, honestly, for healing. Jordan's system is unlike any other system and just doesn't do what it should. And I believe that if we can get it to work correctly, many aspects of Autism will change. So this morning when I prayed for healing, my prayer was slightly different.

My morning devotional yesterday spoke on how Jehoshaphat's enemy was about to attack and how he went before the throne of God to pray. It said he reflected on how God is, recalled God's past work, stated the problem, remembered God's past promises, asked God for help, fixed his eyes on God, and waited for His answer (2 Chronicles 20:5-12). So, my prayer walk this morning was similar to that. Shortly after praying and reciting scripture, a small yellow and black bird landed before me. Every time I got closer, it flew, but only a few more feet ahead. It stayed in front of me for about 45 seconds or so, but I know different birds mean different things when it comes to signs from God. As I was walking, I looked up the spiritual meaning of a yellow bird with black wings. It said it means healing! It could be spiritual, emotional, or physical. I could use it all in my life in some fashion. The end of the passage says that this bird brings the spiritual message that healing is on its way. When I tell you, I stopped in my tracks and broke down crying. I thanked Jesus for the rest of my walk, knowing that somewhere in my life, my family, my mind, God is getting ready to heal. 

I pray that He continues to speak to me like this so I can continue to share all He is saying with you. I must also let you know He can do the same for you. Are you walking with Him? Talking with Him? Spending time with Him? If you aren't, what's stopping you? He is waiting to do something miraculous in your life if you give Him the chance. Do it today? If you are walking with Him, in the comments, share with me what He has done and give Him the glory. 


Comments

  1. The fact that I can live life with joy is a Blessing... Each day Ithank Him for Sufficient Grace to be able to stand and participate in this life !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Many things have come before us to throw us off the path of God. But He is so great there is no way we can deny Him. That gives us joy that no one can take from us. Thank you Liz!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts