Surprise, surprise

This morning I received Jordan's latest blood work results. I am pretty surprised. I expected to see a few things resolved that are still where they were beforehand. I am baffled. But...that's what comes with the territory when dealing with Jordan's complex system.

Taking you back to the Soursop supplement, when I started Jordan on it, he reduced his fan usage as if he was breathing better or getting more oxygen. However, the results are the same. Often the RBC (red blood cells) and the RDW (red cell distribution width) interchange, with one being normal and the other being high. So the results in February had the RBC high; this month's results have the RDW as high. I thought for sure they were going to be normalized. The numbers didn't move slightly in the right direction at all. I wonder what benefit the Soursop does have because I know there is one.

The second thing that surprised me was the alkaline phosphatase that measured the liver function. It had jumped down almost 200 from four months ago to the results we saw two months ago. Yet, this time the number when up by 11. Because the stool testing we did showed no inflammation in his intestinal tract, it is not the cause of the liver issues. His doctor also ordered a liver, bone, and intestinal fraction test. The bone fraction result was high, and the others were normal. This indicates that Jordan may have a bone disease or hyperthyroidism. 

The bone disease that causes a high bone fraction are Paget's, bone tumors, and osteomalacia or rickets. In Paget's disease, the bone replacement that takes place in a healthy bone is done in the wrong order. The bones become misshapen, weak, and brittle. Bone tumors are a mass of unusual cells that grow in the bone. Osteomalacia is the softening of the bones from the body having a problem with vitamin D. It is called rickets in children. Jordan has had a long-standing issue with vitamin D levels. I recently got the levels within the reference range when he had covid, and we had to give him high dosages of supplements. After I reduced his intake, the levels were back down. But giving him 5000 iu for the last two months has improved the levels remarkably. It could be the issue. But the thing is, Jordan doesn't appear to have weak bones. I am unsure if he does, but I know he has never broken one. More testing is needed in that area to rule it out.

With hyperthyroidism, the glands release more parathyroid hormone than usual, causing the blood's calcium levels to rise. This leads to blood thinning and kidney stones. Jordan's calcium levels are good, and the range is always the same. However, his ferritin levels have been high, although it has been lowering since removing iron. High ferritin levels for an extended period can cause liver disease. 

There are so many thoughts going through my mind as to what could be the cause, especially the fact that these test results could be misleading because of other areas in his body that were not tested that could change the dynamic of everything I am seeing. This is a James 1:5 week. "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." I pray his doctor understands this and knows what to do moving forward. I plan to again implement the fruit detox we did a few years ago this summer. Our family is taking a trip to Ghana in September, which will give me enough time to do this while he is out of school. And if this does not help with anything, the following action plan would be the bio-electric scan. I may do it sooner.

Comments

Popular Posts