Something different

When I had the idea to blog early this week, I wanted to do something different than what I usually do. Instead of going in-depth about something Jordan had done, is taking, or achieved, I wanted to express how I felt. Not about Jordan, but life in general. 

I was not going to share how I had found a drink that could help him with digestion. It contains bromelain, manganese, and vitamin c. It helps with inflammation, increases red blood cells, and boosts the immune system. All I do is boil pineapple peels and let them sit for a few minutes. I add some pure maple syrup to it to help because it is bitter.

I did not want to go into how the stimming had come back, and even though I found the maintenance detox that I wanted to start him on to get him back on track, I could not find myself to do it because he is still in school and I just did not want to send him there with just fruit again. I would not say how I will wait until he is out for summer break to either do the maintenance or detox for 12 weeks again.

I had not weighed Jordan for a while. I did so two days ago. So I could not have told you how when I asked him his weight, he told me 1122.4, which I knew wasn't right. When I checked myself, the batteries were low, so I could not get the accurate weight. I was sure it was 112.4. However, when I checked it a day later, it worked correctly, so I had him get on the scale again. Only to find that his weight was actually 124.2. His eating mushrooms, quinoa, and avocado have put a great deal of weight on him, even though you can't tell by looking at him. Here's to him holding on to the nutrients his body so desperately needs.

But instead of talking about all these things, I wanted to talk about life. My daughter asked me a question about an older version of myself coming to the past to give me information and if I would have listened. She had a specific question in mind but made a point to say she would have told her parents to avoid each other on the day she was conceived. Not that she does not want to live, but if she had a choice, you know.

I began to feel the same way for a better portion of the day. The issues I face within myself and how I relate to others would cease to exist because I wouldn't. But as the day went on and I started to catch up on past sermons, I realized how I have to be very special because God chose me to be here. Out of all the people in the world. I am here out of all the "ones" that did not make it. God is God, and He is a pretty big deal. For me to be picked means He wanted me. Doesn't matter who on Earth doesn't. He does. And that makes me pretty awesome. It makes us all pretty awesome. 

So my word for today, whenever you are faced with something that has you in not so great of a place, remember God put you here because He has plans for you. Anything attached to Him is grand, whether we see it or not. Whether we have to go through trials to get there. Whether it is taking longer than we would like. He knows the outcome. If He always wins, why do we continue to think we are losing? Look to the end and know you have victory. Live knowing He chose YOU! John 15:16, "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts