Prayer & Fasting



It's still hard to imagine that next month I have to prepare Jordan to dry fast by giving him nothing but juices, teas, and smoothies for three days prior. While I know it is what I have to do, it is not easy to comprehend that I will have to withhold food and water from my child for an extended period of time in order for him to heal. I have held on to so many scriptures (Proverbs 3:5-61 Samuel 15:22-23James 1:22,) since I started the first part of preparation. Prayer.

During a sermon by a guest preacher a few weeks back, he shared with us that we have to spend time in prayer. And not just a thank You for waking me, guide me and protect me, in Jesus name prayer, but get deep in prayer. It was suggested to set aside time by finding a point in the day that is good for you and spend it in prayer. I do not just focus on the fast, but I pray for family members that are backsliders or don't have a relationship with God. I pray for my neighbors and friends I've lost over the course of building my relationship with God. And I pray for the nation as well. It's not limited to those topics but I am just giving you an idea of what I pray about. Not only do I want blessings, but those around me to have blessings because we are called to love one another.

Since I have implemented this prayer session into my mornings after I have dropped off my daughter at school, I have seen ladybugs around my home and even in my truck. I do not see them very often, but when I do it is in close proximity to one another and something good always follows. I also have been asking for continued wisdom with the upcoming fast. I came to understand that while Jordan may not absorb everything he takes to help him with his tics or to increase his iron levels, I can give him some herbs that could help the cleansing process slowly until we can start fasting in December. I kept coming across information about burdock root and that is very helpful in cleansing the lymphatic system. With him eating according to Dr. Sebi's nutrition guide, giving him the burdock root could not hurt in starting the process of removing the toxins within that system. I attempted to give it to him but realized that I had yellow dock root instead. However, that is also good for cleansing the lymphatic system and I gave it to him as a tea. I have since purchased some burdock root capsules.

Now onto fasting. I have not started it yet of course, but I realized something a few days ago that showed me that it is totally necessary. About two weeks ago Jordan began biting the skin around his nails more than normal and when I checked his fingers, it looked as if two of them had become infected because they were swollen a little. He also formed a boil under his arm, I think after using a regular deodorant on him just once. He started to watch the videos on YouTube that loop three seconds for ten hours again. He was doing more giggling and started to smell and touch my hair again. He even started to lay on me when his tablet was dead and he did not want to play Super Mario. All signs of him regressing. But why the regression? He was receiving his banju, bromide plus capsules and iron on a regular basis. He may have been sneaking some foods but usually, he has symptoms for a couple of days, maybe a week, and it passes. These things I see are ongoing as of today. What came to mind, the good that came from the fast we did at the beginning of the summer has worn off. 

Seeing everything unfold like this means that I am on the right path and fasting is the way to go. Jesus said it and Dr. Sebi learned and passed it on. These things can only come out by prayer and fasting, my favorite verse in the bible, Mark 9:29, (see also Matthew 17:21). The verse that gave me hope that my son does not have to be nonverbal forever. Not that it means that fasting can cast out demons, that is not what Jesus means when He says that. The disciples were trying to cast out a deaf and dumb spirit within a mute boy and they could not. When Jesus did, they questioned why was He able to? When Jesus said to them this kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting, He is saying that they were in a weakened spiritual state. Their state of mind and heart made it impossible for God to work through them for something of this magnitude. 

A lot of us are in weak spiritual states. I know I was. And the only time I received what I needed that helped Jordan improve was when I fasted. It helped my mind and heart because I was giving up something that was important to me to be able to have God work through me. The fasting I will have Jordan do is different because it is physical, not spiritual, but it will still bring clarity to his mind. With me and my husband going through the dry fast at the same time, all for different reasons, this should make for a wonderful testimony!

Comments

Popular Posts