So...

Let me tell you about last Thursday.

It was our typical doctor's visit morning routine. I wake Jordan, brush his teeth, yada yada yada. Every time we go I second guess my appointment time because once I knew the right time but got confused about the time I should leave and I ended up being an hour late because it is an hour away. Anyway I double checked my phone and the time I put was 11:00, but I still question it because what I put in my phone isn't always right. At this point, it doesn't matter because I'm going to get there when I get there, at 11.

About 45 minutes into the drive, I get a call from his doctor's office. So my first thought was, I got the time wrong and am 45 minutes late with 15 more to get there. His doctor asks me if I got the message from the office earlier. I did not receive anything from them on my cell, but my house phone is another story. I can have up to 30 new messages because I don't use it at all. It is pretty much in existence because of the need to have a fax machine. So I got a message but didn't get the message. So she asks me if I am on my way and I'm like I have been for the last 45 minutes. She tells me that the dentist part of the practice had a spill and the office was closed. I should have gotten a message to reschedule, but since I was almost there, I can still come if I am not worried about any reactions to what was spilled. Uh, nope, I want to get in there. I take two 1 hour trips, each way. One to pick up my daughter from Morgan State almost every weekend, and this one here. This one is a lot easier because I love DC. Baltimore.... Anway we continue on and she says she will call us in the minutes it will take to get there so she can let us in the side door. We walk in and it is a ghost town. No receptionist, no patients, no doctors walking around, nothing. I was glad she was actually in the office. I don't know why she was there, but I know God worked it out for me so I'll take it.

So we go into detail about Jordan and his progress, especially after the LDA. You know pretty much everything I explained to her so I won't get into detail again, but what I found out from her was surprising, in a good way.

The LDA shot that Jordan received early September only consisted of environmental allergens. This is because these are the ones that best help "prime" the white blood cells to become resistant to what triggers them to protect the body. I was in awe because his reaction to the microwaved popcorn was almost non-existent. This shows me that results from this treatment will be remarkable since he hasn't had the food allergens given to him yet and he has made such advances. She feels that the next dosage he can accommodate the two injections, one for food and another environmental. We will still need to keep him away from the foods until after this or the third one. I'm leaning toward the second, but at the same time, I want the best outcome possible. If that means keeping Jordan home on days where they have popcorn and a movie so be it. I know after having it once it will not go over well if he is told no again. Him staying home is a mall price to pay.

As I sit here thinking of what next to say, I can't get out of my mind how God never ceases to amaze me. I mean for her to be one of the few doctors who actually came in is beyond miraculous to me. He works things out in such a way that goes far beyond my comprehension. And after everything that went on that day, finding out how much progress Jordan really made by learning what he was actually given and seeing he is ready for the next step that will produce even more gains, what keeps me in awe is how He worked it out for me to still keep my appointment despite everything that was going on around me. That's who we need to see, who we need to praise and worship. The One who keeps us when everything in our vicinity is going haywire. I came across John 17:12 (NIV) and it was so fitting. It says, "While I was with them I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me, None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture could be fulfilled." Nothing was going to keep me from my destiny. This is His plan for me and I got a brand new outlook on just how miraculous this is going to be. I need to stop here and give Him praise.

Comments

Popular Posts