What a ride


These past two weeks have made me feel like I was on a roller coaster that was in the dark going backwards. I haven't been able to get a handle on Jordan and his behaviors after removing the vitamins and minerals. I felt it was a good thing, but you know sometimes those who think they know all the answers, really don't. In my opinion, Jordan was doing great on the Nemechek Protocol and the vitamins and minerals. However, there was just too much at stake to not follow the protocol the way intended. So I opted not to reintroduce the supplement, but instead, remove the one food that caused him a problem in the past. Lamb had been an issue in the form of a casserole, so I stopped giving it to him altogether, and replaced the lamb soup with fish soup. That way he wasn't losing a dish and he would get more omega 3, which is something the protocol calls for the body to get more of. 

I kept Jordan home last week to allow for the change to take place. He was mild mannered at home, however, when I sent him back to school he was the same as he had been. Throwing things and running from teachers. I couldn't understand the reason behind it all unless he was triggered because I took him to school instead of him riding the bus because he does the same thing on the bus that he does at school. So, again, he is home with me for the rest of the week. I have something that I can give him to calm him. He may be able to stay on the protocol as I have seen other parents use the oil and continue their children on the protocol. I'm not sure what I will do as of yet. But taking him out of school like I intended to originally, is not in the best interest for me or Jordan. Especially because he loves school. 

I initially wanted to go up to the school the next day, but the school called me and wanted to have a parent teacher conference on Friday. Which was better because it gave me time to actually pray on the situation and wait instead of going off my first instinct to get him up out of there. Because of the way things have transpired, I contacted his doctor to see if she could recommend a good oil to put him on, but also to test him for any vitamin deficiencies since he is no longer on iron, vitamin d or the vitamin and mineral supplement. That way we can tackle the one or two that may be an issue, continue with the protocol and have a better behaved teenager who can go to school on the bus and participate in all activities the school offers him. I am so grateful I have a doctor who is on point. She sent over the lab work that same day and we went to get his blood work done today.

Jordan's sticker for being brave
Part of me was a little concerned when it was time to get his blood drawn because two days in a row I let Jordan have snacks that normally sends him into a frenzy. Monday he had an orange and a bag of chips that were fried in cottonseed oil, one of the ones the protocol tells you to avoid. Tuesday he had a few pretzels. So I thought trying to get him to be still to get a needle in his arm was going to be a big fight. And it started off that way, but I hit him with the same thing I did that last time I needed to pick him up from school to get him to the car without screaming he would behave; ask him if he wanted a pizza. Does it every time. When I asked him if he wanted a pizza, he held him arm straight and did not cry at all. It was the best he had ever done when getting his blood taken. I was happy to get him a pizza after the job he did. Now we just wait a few more days to see what to do next. 

I tell you Monday I was so down and out about everything. I felt so alone and out of it. I knew I didn't need to come to a quick decision, but for Jordan to misbehave so much at school and not at home had me thinking something was going on and he didn't need to be there. But praying and asking the Holy Spirit to fill me helped me come to the conclusions I did come to and kept me from making a huge mistake. I had to remember scriptures like Proverbs 3:5-6 and Romans 8:28. That wasn't an easy thing to do. Trying to stay positive in times of hardship is almost impossible. I kept thinking back to my pastor's messages. Many times he has said God wants us to rejoice in the time of trial and tribulation. James 1:2-4 tells us, "2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." I'm feeling positive about what's to come. Even if he isn't deficient in anything, I have a back up plan that can possibly calm him and allow him to stay on the protocol. I'm so thankful. To serve a God who can do so much. There's no way I can thank Him enough.

Comments

Popular Posts