Removing this? Are you sure?

A few weeks ago Jordan had his follow up with his doctor. We went over all the wonderful things I saw change in Jordan. At the appointment I also asked if I should decrease the amount of the vitamins and minerals he takes a day. They had been increased to 4 teaspoons because when Jordan went through the bit of having horrible spasms due to giving him too much fiber and blocking him from receiving any at all. After all was said and done, I stayed giving him that dosage. Since I wasn't sure if he should continue on because of the recommended dosage on the bottle, she said that we could probably go down to 2 teaspoons. I thought that was great because that meant it would last longer 😁.

The next day I started giving him 2 teaspoons, feeling quite relieved that he won't be getting any vitamins unnecessarily and extending the life of the supplement. By Monday morning, Jordan's stimming had increased in a major way. I can't remember if there was jumping along with it, but there was loud vocal noises that were very unlike him. Noises I hadn't heard in a while. I began to think that dosage was too low for him and the next day I would up it to 3 teaspoons to see if that would be better. The next day he wasn't so bad and he went back to normal, well what is normal for him. I think the behavioral patterns I see in him are due to the dosage being what it is not instead of what it was before. However, it doesn't make me want to increase it back to 4. It makes me want to remove it completely.

Trying to learn and keep in the know about the Nemecheck Protocol as much as I can, I follow the page on Facebook (hey, it can be good for something). Anyway, I find myself checking it out often trying to read and like success stories and even hear where some are going wrong in case that is something I need to change. Being as though Jordan is still on a few supplements even though he shouldn't be due to the protocol, I want to keep my eyes and ears open for any changes I may need to make. Today I was shown one of those changes. Someone questioned supplements or vitamins, and the moderator expressed how much Dr. Nemechek was against using them unless the person was declared deficient. Jordan isn't deficient anything, yet I continue to give him this mix even though he eats the healthiest in the house. To gain some clarity, I went into research mode.

To be clear, in that post there was a link to where the doctor blogged about vitamins and minerals and why he avoids them. It still didn't give me the cut and dry answer I was looking for. I tried to ask Dr. Nemechek by posting questions in the comments section of the blog, but both seemed to disappear. While on the phone with my husband, I brought up to him how I may take him off of it and out of that conversation came the answer I needed. I recalled when I decreased Jordan's intake of the vitamins and minerals. Even when Jordan was without the supplement for a few days before the protocol, he didn't react the way he did when when I decreased it while on the NP. This made me believe that the vitamins are hindering from something. He could have been trying to go through the "awakening" period when I lowered the dosage. To be honest, the gains I saw, I don't really see anymore. So as of today, no more vitamins and minerals. I will stop them and deal with the reactions he will have over the weekend. Hopefully by Monday they won't be so severe.

There are numerous things we do in our lives because we think it's good, when we are actually blocking what's best. The doctor created this protocol and knows better than I. But I kept it as part of his regimen because it kept him behaved thinking it was good for him, when it was just keeping him from getting to what is actually best for him. Ezekiel 33:31 is an example of hindrance. It goes "So they come to you as people do, the sit before you as My people, and they hear your words, but they do not do them; for with their mouth they show much love, but their hearts pursue their own gain." We can't keep doing things because we think it's what best. Just as I have learned when it comes to diet, we can't keep eating foods because we like them and think it's going to keep us healthy. At some point we have to reevaluate what we are consuming and eat what's best to provide us with what going to give us the best quality of life. And that rule doesn't apply only to food, but also to the decisions we make. Know what God wants us to do, but continuing to do what we want, we will never get what God has for us. And by now we should know that what God has planned for us is way better than anything we can think of. 

Comments

Popular Posts