Debating....Is this goodbye?

Jeremiah 29:11, "'For the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

It's has been some time since I have posted. Actually a month. It's not that I don't have anything to say, but God hasn't given me a word to give to you. I have been trying to listen to Him to see if my days of blogging are over and if he wants me to focus more on my second book. Answers to these kinds of questions don't just come easy. We have to be sure of God's will for our lives and that takes time. Blogging over the years has helped me in so many ways. I came across information I need to know that I wouldn't otherwise look for if I didn't need to explain to you in detail what is supposed to happen with new supplements for Jordan or dietary changes. I know it helped me find my way to the path that Jordan is on now (putting him on the Feingold diet which in turn lead me to the GAPS diet he is currently on). But recently the blog has had a decrease in numbers. And honestly I believe it is because there is nothing more that I can give to you at this point. He is off most of his supplements, although the doctor just added a new one. Collagen I & III that will help repair his gut lining working alongside with the soup and stock he is currently eating and drinking. She said I would see a big difference and already he has done something unlike him, but almost brought me to tears.

When I make Jordan stock they vary in color, but if I don't pay attention I can confuse them because they aren't that far off from each other. I have a dry erase marker that I write the type of stock that is in the mason jar and what date it was made. Last night after giving him beef soup, I put it in the mason jar to cool off. I just so happened to leave it out overnight. When I looked at it this morning. he had written beef on the lid. I don't do it with the soups because looking at it you can very much tell which soup it is. But the fact that he did that made me so very proud of him. I can already see a calmness in him that wasn't quite there after being on stage 1 of the diet for an extended period of time. I feel like with adding this supplement I can move on to stage 2, again, with little to no adverse effects. However, I'm not rushing anything. I just added it yesterday so I'm going to give it a week before I do anything drastic like adding the egg yolk to his soup. I'm still debating on what I want to do first because I need to also add the other supplements he used to take. The super nu thera for vitamins and minerals, iron, yeast aid and another new supplement. Saccharomyces boulardii. It is the probiotic I wanted him to take months ago. It is found in the cd biotic he currently takes but the doctor feels he needs more now. I think I want to get out of stage one, so adding the egg may be the next step I take. His reaction to the collagen will be the determining factor.

When I started this post, I still wasn't sure of the route I wanted to take. If I wanted to stop completely with the blog or not. But the nature of the post has gone different than what I had intended. God has taken over what I wanted to say and from the looks of it, it seems that this will be my last post. At least for a while anyway. I must really sit and hear from him what he wants me to get out in this next book. I spent more time blogging than I did working on chapters. In life we need to realize when it's time to let go of something and move on. I hope the information I shared with you up until this point has helped you learn more about Autism and the road to recovery, if that is your goal. I hope that it has also taught you about the life of raising a son with a disability and that this is just one persons life. Most importantly, I hope sharing my faith has brought you to having a closer relationship with God. Realizing He is the way. John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"  It has been an pleasure to share with you my life for the last 6½ years. But now it must come to an end. Not sure when it will be available, but continue to be on the lookout for my new book, "A Routine Interrupted." God bless you all!

Comments

Popular Posts