Yea so....

Remember a few days ago when I said those days where Jordan sat majority of the evenings, he ended up having a better day at school the next day. Well that theory is gone out the window. For one, the bedtime that I am trying to implement so he can get more sleep does nothing if he wakes up in the middle of the night. Now I can't be sure he is, but even when I think he is getting the proper sleep, he still manages to disrupt his classroom. I had no option but to revert to the one thing that actually helped and for a prolonged period of time. The fiber.

I added 1 teaspoon of fiber into his diet plan Friday and he had a great day. Well I can only assume he did since they said he completed his work. I chose not to give it to him on the weekends because I don't want his body to become immune and end up needing more of it to do the job. He didn't get his second dose until this morning. He wasn't bad at school and actually participated in the reading exercise, but did get off track during math. That.....isn't necessarily an issue. Jordan really dislikes math unless he is using a calculator so I won't discredit the fiber until he starts misbehaving and running away from the D.A. again. I know the fiber will work, the issue is how much he needs to keep him in check. Research has showed me that a build up of yeast can keep the body from absorbing fiber. So the fact that he needed so much in the past could be due to the candida overload if he indeed had one. I'm hoping that since we are treating his body as if it does have to much yeast, that he will not have a hard time allowing the fiber to do its job this time. Here's hoping.

The one thing that I've noticed today is Jordan was a little antsy after he got home from school. He is definitely trying to work everyone's nerves right about now. I'm not sure if it's because the fiber has worn off and there was a spike in his blood sugar levels or if he's just in one of those moods at this time. I didn't see this behavior Friday when he came home from school. But as with anything he takes, his body adjusts to the changes. It gets use to whatever it is and that is why sometimes we have to increase the dosage on most of his medicines so his body won't become immune. However, knowing what I know about how his body reacts to too much fiber, it is not an option to increase that. If this 1 tsp. a day isn't enough to cut it, I don't know what my options are. Luckily we have an appointment to see his DAN! dr. on Wednesday. Maybe she can give me options since I have tried everything under the sun to get him to act right and nothing has worked long term.

Having these issues continually used to get me frantic. There are still days I am worried about how and what he's doing while he's in school and concerned about the way the teacher and aides will respond to him. But I have to remember that he's in God's hands. I also have to keep in mind Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those that are called according to His purpose." Keyword in this sentence is all. All means all. So everything that comes my way whether it be good or bad are not in vain. In the end it will all work out so God can get the glory. A better way to explain it is The Message version. Verses 26-28 say "Meanwhile, the moment we get tied in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good." It will all work out, just wait and see.


Popular Posts