The latest on Jordan

Since my last post,/Dr's appointment things have been a roller coaster ride. Some weeks I am extremely busy and others are just calm. Just trying to take everything one step at a time.



Jordan is still at a standstill in my opinion. I haven't seen much changes since adding the new homeopathic medicine. He does seem to be a little more focused however, especially with homework. The other day while having him study his spelling words by writing them down, he actually continued to write when I left the room. Normally he doesn't do anything unless I am in there with him. Also when asking him to spell, when he wouldn't know, he would just look at you until you gave him the letters or say the same letter over and over. Now he is guessing. He may be pulling random letters out of the air but at least he is trying.

At his parent teacher conference last Monday the teachers said that Jordan is concentrating more on work. Probably for the last three weeks or so. Which probably has everything to do with the Gaba and it's calming effect. He even did his spelling test without the teacher giving him any of the words. When she said it was time for the spelling test he just said the words and wrote them without any prompts. She also played a recording of him singing all the words to some songs on a CD that they play in the classroom. It was the most words I have ever heard him say at one time. It was exciting to hear, and lets me know of the potential my son has. So all in all he is making good progress, I just wish I could see more of it at home.

I haven't heard back word from his test results so I'm thinking that if there is a problem it won't be addressed until next visit once we get back the urine sample results to see where he is with lead and what steps we should take next. I was hoping if there was a problem we could tackle it now but we probably need to see what this lead is doing before we change anything we are doing. I really hope and pray that it goes down to within the reference range this time. With the last test being a second consecutive drop and adding something new to help, and keeping up with the same regimens at home to make sure he doesn't come into contact with any lead then I'm thinking we will have the best visit next month. I'm excited and can't wait until January.

I haven't gotten in touch with anyone about ABA therapy for Jordan yet. It would be best to contact the insurance company first to make sure it's even worth getting him evaluated for it because if they aren't going to cover it, there's no way I can afford the cost of it right now. Unless my some small miracle the price has gone down considerably. It's something I will be looking into some time this week to get it done and over with. But I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to so I'm not worried at all.





Popular Posts