Big things to come in March!!!


This weekend will be Jordan's third round of chelation after his most recent visit with the Dan doctor early February. Also since then we've added the Methylcobalamin (B12). He is excelling!! I'll give you a few examples.

One evening while helping him do his math homework I had dad sit in on the experience. Jordan had a hard time finding which numbers to add/subtract, figuring out whether to add/subtract, where equal goes, all that kind of stuff. In only just a week, maybe two, Jordan knows which numbers to write, still working on when I point to the word addition or subtraction saying the right terminology to go with it, but pretty much he gets 4+4=. BIG improvement.  He is repeating more as well, almost everything you say to him. He doesn't need mommy to do everything for him anymore. He was having a problem with the PC and he thought I was sleep and went to his sister to ask for help. Even a couple of nights ago he was ready for bed and when he came to me his sister was already laying on me sleep. So I asked him to lay the recliner back so I could put her in it but instead he laid in it and went to sleep; without me. He is also so much more playful. And he was already very energetic before. He loves to play by standing behind you and when you look behind you to the right he moves to the left, and left to right. And he will play it with anybody willing to play. He used to not interact with my mother to much but now it doesn't matter who it is. He is just lighting up my life with all the things I've seen him do over the last few weeks. They may be small to some but to me, it means the world.


So with him having two more rounds of chelation and then a urine collection I am so excited to see what more will happen in these next 5 weeks and on. Soon I will need to take him to his PCP to have a check up and to get lab orders so we can check his Vitamin D levels since we went up to 1000 IU for two weeks instead of 800 IU to see if that amount will be too much or just enough. And if she orders all the tests he normally gets then I can see if the B12 has had an impact on the oxygen levels in his blood. Seeing all I that see, I would say there is. We are making big progress and it can only get better from here.


Old picture but his smile says it all!

Comments

Popular Posts