LDA findings

Almost three weeks into Jordan's second LDA shot and things have not been going as planned. He has regressed slightly by acting up on the bus, at school and a tad at home. 

I do understand that he received the first dose for food and therefore he may be acting according to what was put in his system. However, when he gets a food he should not, it does not take this long for symptoms to go away. I had a couple of ideas as to why they were lingering. One, he was not getting the quercetin that I used to give him that helped with allergies. After a week back on the supplement and still seeing the same issues, the second thing I thought was that it was the combination of not having the quercetin AND magnesium. I started him back on it this morning so I'm really not sure if it has or will fix the issue.

But I didn't let that stop me from trying to find other reasons and remedies. Because I know how distracting mobile games can be for me I felt the need to get rid of them. Sunday night I removed all but one I play with my husband. In a way, I felt I was reprimanded for giving into them again and playing as much as I was. But He really just needed my attention. Not playing the games freed up my mind and reminded me that when something like this occurs, I usually research to find the reason behind it and how to fix it. This morning after seeing Jordan still showing sensitivities I checked out if LDA therapy had any adverse reactions to some. What I found was not what I expected.

The first thing I came across that struck me was that LDA therapy can be unmasking. Someone in a chat forum mentioned hidden allergens can come forward. Jordan is on a pretty strict diet and we have not strayed from it. But he does eat three egg yolks every morning. I do not get all the white off them all the time and it could be possible the egg yolks are giving him a problem now too. I considered removing them but I still had more digging to do.

A couple of people mentioned a book or booklet that talked about LDA called "The Pink Book". I tried looking it up but found nothing. However, I did see something else that I thought might be good to check out. Upon reading it I found that it was what I was looking for. It is the Low Dose Allergy Immunotherapy Patient Instruction Booklet. I have not gotten through the whole thing, because I literally got caught up on reasons why LDA may not work. Being as though he did so well with the first, I was perplexed as to why the issues now. In the booklet, it gives you 7 reasons why it can fail. Two of them are rare, one has to do with silicone implants and another is just unknown. The other three are incorrect dosage, failure to follow LDA rules, and low vitamin d levels. And there you have it!

Jordan's pediatrician shared with me her concern for his levels, especially when they had been higher and decreased because he was no longer taking the supplement I believe. I did not want to interfere with the protocol, I chose not to proceed with giving it to him. Big mistake. Because I was waiting for the voice of God to clearly tell me what to do, I did not hear it. Probably because of where it was coming from. Not that I don't give weight to what his doctor wants me to do with him, but because I thought I the LDA would set him up so he could start the omega 3 oil to build his vitamin d levels. Never did I think he would need vitamin d to help the LDA process.

While I would love to say I have it all together, it is clear I do not. But I do know that this has helped me. While I can discern a lot of what God tells me, there is still much I can not. Some due to distractions and some due to my own thoughts. And while I may never be able to know if what I am hearing is of Him or not all the time, it has helped me become more mindful of when He may be. I believe this was a way of Him teaching me. Psalm 119:66 (NIV) "Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I trust your commands".


Comments

Popular Posts